The FASDChildWelfare site is a community of practice, and that means everyone can participate. You don't have to sign up to look through the forums, or to search our comprehensive database of FASD & Child Welfare resources. But if you would like to join the conversation (and we hope you would), you'll need to become a community member first. Here's how:
- Click on the "Sign Up" button in the top right corner of the site.
- Fill out the required information on the "Sign Up" page. This includes:
- Username - you can pick any name you like. Remember that this is how the community will know you, so pick something appropriate.
- E-mail address - a login link will be sent to this address, so you need to have access to it in order to complete the process.
- An "About Me" section - describe yourself to others in the community, so that we can begin to get to know you.
- Two optional fields - "Organization" and "Job Title". If you work for an organization that's already listed in the FASDChildWelfare.ca database, you can select it from the drop-down list. If you don't find your place of work, don't worry - you can always add it to the database later, once you're signed up. And if you simply don't want to be affiliated with any organization, feel free to skip this step. Same for Job Title.
- Click "Save". An email will be sent to the address you provided, which you should be able to see there immediately.
If not, please check your 'spam' or 'junk' mailboxes.
- Click the link in the e-mail. This will take you back to the site, where you can now
- Set your password.
- Add a picture, if you like.
Hope this helps! Feel free to post a comment - to ask questions or just to describe your experience for the next person who comes along.